Q: Where do I get information on finding the best loan?
A: For information on how to find the best home loan, check out this booklet:
* “How to Shop for a Mortgage,” by the Mortgage Bankers Association of America, 1125 15th St., N.W., Washington, DC 20005; call (202) 861-6500.
Q: Where do I get information on mortgages?
A: For information on mortgages, check out the following sources for information:
* American Bankers Association; (202) 663-5000.
* Mortgage Bankers Association of America, 1125 15th St., N.W., Washington, DC 20005; (202) 861-6500.
Q: Where do I get information on correcting loan payments?
A: The following auditing services can do a thorough review of residential mortgages for lender calculation errors:
* Mortgage Monitor; 1372 Summer Street, Samford, 06905; (800) AUDIT-USA.
* Loantech, (301) 762-7700.
But keep in mind that these services come with a fee, and your lender should be able to work with you to make your own accurate calculation.
Q: Where can I get a list of mortgage brokers?
A: For information on mortgage brokers, contact the National Association of Mortgage Brokers at (703) 610-9009
Q: Where do I get information on PMI?
A: Look for tips in “A Mortgage Insurance Guidebook,” or “How to Buy a Home with a Low Down Payment,” published by the Mortgage Insurance Companies of America,805 15th St., N.W., Suite 1110, Washington, DC 20005; call (202) 393-5566 to order.
Q: How do I monitor my ARM loan?
A: Consumer Loan Advocates publishes a book with form letters and worksheets to help people who want to check mortgage payments or adjustments on their own. It costs $19.95 plus $4 shipping and handling. For a copy, write or call Consumer Loan Advocates, 655 Rockland Road, Lake Bluff, IL 60044; (847) 615-0024.